November 11-13 — Williamsburg, Virginia, Tournament Wrap Up
- Weather: absolutely perfect.
- Hotel: clean and they left us alone, and the Bogey Lounge was happening.
- Food: Angus Beef House and Mariano’s misses us already. And it was good eats!!
- Golf: what can be said of 3 outstanding courses. Only miscue was Friday that we did not complete 18 holes. Scores thru 13 counted.
- Top Prize: the Patriot Trophy ("the PAT") and a 5day/4night hotel & tickets package to Nashville, TN
- Players: it is why we play. Golf is only a game, it’s the players that make it a match and a social affair. Greatest game ever invented.
- The American Open: in short, in Flight A it was a walk away, and a race for 2nd. Upset in the Flight B ranks. (details below)
|Pos.||Player||3 Day Score*|
|11.||Chuck Petrilla **||301|
* 3 Day score = 49 holes due to shortened first round (darkness).
** Chuck came from last place after the 2nd round and took home the Flight B prize of the "McD’s $5 food coupon" and last month’s issue of Golf Digest.